Sunday, November 14, 2010

Finding Your Tribe

Please forgive me dear readers for not getting an SL picture for this post. I am trying to understand where I am in time. A long time ago we all knew what tribe we belonged to because you needed to be in a group since if you weren't in a group you would be eaten by wild saber toothed tigers. People in groups could figure out how to all get together to scare the saber toothed tigers away by waving their hands and yelling "whoop whoop whoop". When a bunch of people yell "whoop whoop whoop" saber toothed tigers are quite intimidated.

These days we are all spending our times finding our true tribes. I guess we like to find and build human relationships and stuff. But because we can build a tribe that exists all over the virtual world now it really makes things complicated but interesting.

I read a post by my friend Franz who sad that Henryk Gorecki had died. He was a great artist and I was sad to hear of his passing. There are so many people who have written music in the last century that are not heard much. I am going to put a link to Ciurlionis who was an artist in multiple mediums. I really like his paintings. I think his music reminds me of Gorecki in some ways.

I'm not a super smart "know-it-all" when it comes to music and art and stuff but my theory is that you don't conquer art, you instead just have an intimate relation with it. I guess that means you have to go (as the scarecrow said in the Wizard of Oz) both ways. Now I am really rambling.

Well I hope I find my tribe one day so I don't get eaten by a saber toothed tiger.

2 comments:

Leigh Eel said...

I worry about saber toothed tigers as well

Doc Spad said...

When we feel secure from the saber tooth tigers......we have the freedom to create (as in art)...fear can often keep us from experiencing the best of ourselves.
The scarecrow had it right...going both ways is much more rewarding ( a bit confusing at times),but it seems only the bravest among us will ever attempt going down both roads

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended. This site is not owned or operated by Second Life® or Linden Lab®. Any information contained here does not in any way represent the views of Linden Lab® or its employees.