Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Hate Spiders

Today I thought I would dress up in a scuba suit and wander around. Here I am at the Star Trek Museum. You may wonder why I am wearing scuba gear. Well to be honest I really don't know. It just seemed like a cool idea. I started wondering around SL in scuba gear to see if any one would say "Hey - what's the big idea? Why are you wearing scuba gear?" But no one did. I guess most people have more important things to think about than why some crack pot is wearing a scuba outfit.

Anyway I was talking to my friend Kyne Tigerpaw tonight. We started talking about spiders. I really hate spiders. They creep me out. They have creepy legs and actually have eight or more eyes. What a weird creature to have eyes all over its body!

I have always hated spiders. I think it goes back to when I was a little boy and had these really cool cardboard people that made up a family. It was some stupid thing that they gave away at the gas station for kids to play with. There was a father, mother, brother, and sister. I think there was a cardboard dog too, I can't remember. But then I remember all of a sudden a creepy black spider was crawling on the side of one of the cardboard family. I was freaked out.

Even though I don't like them, here is some stuff that I read in researching this post. I must be nuts to get so obsessed with them.

But my point is that I had this cardboard family that even though it was not real it was a real family to me. And the family was attacked (well not really "attacked" more like crawled over) by a spider. But I guess I must have been really freaked out because the cardboard family did seem real to me, and it was sort of a reality that was violated or something. I think this may be a post that no one will write a comment on since sounds sort of weird. Well anyway thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Franziskus said...

/me giggles

Oh bro....! *hehe* Sometimes you have ideas.... I'm sure, if you would have come over I would have asked "Uhmmm... whytf are you wearing a scuba suit?" - But somehow that reminds me of old times. You remember putting on those surfer suits and trying the jet-skies.. running wild and whooshing through the neighbors gardens? Was much fun! :-)

kiss and hugs xoxox

Teleny Macarthur said...

Rammy, my dear dear funny friend.... No matter how "silly" or whatever you think your posts are, they ALWAYS give me a smile. Next time you wanna go sim scube diving, give me a call. Or.... industrial work robots? or..... or....... You are a hoot! (But I LIKE spiders... so we'll put that one on our "religion and politics" list for non discussion...LOL!!)

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended. This site is not owned or operated by Second Life® or Linden Lab®. Any information contained here does not in any way represent the views of Linden Lab® or its employees.